Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a course designed by Tribhuvan University to
enhance students’ conceptual and theoretical understanding and
methodological sills of respective subjects. On completion of this
course, students possess theoretical knowledge and practical skills of
recognized standard with which they can pursue their career in multitude
of profession such as teaching, journalism, consultancy, social work
activism, NGO, INGO and Government Organization services. Moreover, the
completion of the course forms the foundation which enables them to
pursue higher study, namely, Masters Degree in any university of the
- Students should have secured at least D+ in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12.
- Must have completed the intermediate, Proficiency Certificate or 10+2 level, in Humanities or Science or Management Stream from Tribhuvan University or from any other University or Board recognized by Tribhuvan University.
- Students desirous of studying Major English/Economics in the BA Program may do so, but are required to pass the Major English Subject within three years at +2 or PCL recognized by TU if they have not already studied this course at +2 or PCL Level
- Students who have studied any other subject at +2 or PCL level can apply for admission to Major subjects like Rural Development, Social Work and Sociology in the BA Program.
- Students desirous of studying Journalism and Mass Communication as a Major subject in BA program must have studied Journalism/Mass Communication at +2 or PCL can apply for Journalism subject.